*An open letter to my not-so-little brother*
It was the 20th of September, when mum gave birth to you. Back then, you were all bundled, small and red. 😛 Nanay said that babies who are red-skinned at birth are those who will grow up fair-skinned. True enough, you skin tone was lighter than mine. Heehee. But, we won’t be talking of skin stuff here, instead Ate wants to share you the 10 Little Things I love about you.
1. You made me cry. I dunno how is that suppose to sound good for others, but when you came into our lives, my throne of attention shifted so suddenly that I cried a lot about it. Haha. But because of it, Ate loved you, it made me think that little brother needs someone to protect him. So, I made sure no one will make you cry, except me. Teehee *insert-evil-grin* 😛
2. You made me laugh. Don’t worry, I didn’t always cried when we were kids. Most of the times, you made me laugh. You have a very good sense of humor, that only I know. Heehee. You haven’t shared much of that side of yours to the rest of the world and with that I am proud to be your Ate. Your wit and crazy antics are undoubtedly hilarious!
3. You were frank to me. Yes, we talk a lot. Others may not think so, but we both know how extremely close we are. 🙂 You tell yours, and I tell you mine. What I like about you is that you listen so well, and without any hide-ups you tell me your side. No lies, no sugary-coated words. You just tell me as it is.
4. You were my secret protector. Yup, I am indeed older than you. But there are times, where you step out to protect me. Even if you sound snobbish and rude, I know it is your way of protecting me. I also know, that you scrutinise every guy I tell you about. Hahaha 😀
5. You were my prank buddy. You remember when we love to play pranks on mum? Hahaha. Sorry mum, but t’was fun! We would always plan something silly and end up getting punished. We’d end up blaming each other and the next day, we’d do it all over again.
6. Your love for adventures. Remember that time in SG, were we rode the Mummy Roller Coaster up to the point I’m about to throw up? Hehe. Remember when, we had our first zipline together? You kept reminding me to take the sitting position ride, cause I was wearing a skirt back then. 🙂
7. You eat a lot. I do too! Isn’t it obvious with my almost protruding tummy? Hahaha. But that doesn’t stop us with our different food adventures. Particularly those with a spicy kick.
8. You share. You were never a selfish kiddo. Even if at times, I had to guilt trip you. Haha. But you would always end up sharing. #meansister
10. You are you. I would not have you changed in any other way than what you are now. I am extremely happy, to have someone like you.
So, always remember this that as you grow each day, there will be more lessons in life that God will send to you. What you get right now, is just the tip of the iceberg. So keep striving, keep working and never stop going. Ate is your number one fan, aside from our parents. I love you and Happy, Happy Birthday! :-*
Merci beaucoup et à bientôt!
P.S. Can you guess his age? Leave it on the comments below 🙂