*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All that is written here are based on my experience and opinions on the matter.*
Ola! I’ll be taking a break for a while in the USA series of #LesVoyagesdeNica by sharing my experience in subscribing with Spotify Premium using my prepaid Globe load. I am really glad that Spotify gave us this option of using your mobile load as a means for payment. I am quite hesitant at first because they first offered the premium service using credit card. I don’t own a credit card, but I do own a debit card. So, seeing this offer that they have which is accessible for most Filipinos is really a convenient choice.
When I first tried this, I didn’t get the process of the subscription. I loaded my prepaid sim around 130php during my first try. However, my Spotify account kept saying that I have insufficient funds. It was totally frustrating. Thankfully, after seeing Spotify Cares post, and messaging them directly via Messenger, they gave me the steps on how to subscribe via Globe. It turned out that I needed 144.48php due to the 12% VAT added to the 129php.
The steps were for (Globe users):
- Log in to your Spotify account on the web.
- Click the Get Premium option
- Choose your mode of payment: Credit Card, Globe/Smart, Online Banking
- If you chose Globe. Be sure that you have at least 150php prepaid load. Enter your mobile number.
- Wait for 2770 to send the PIN. Enter the PIN.
- Wait for the Confirmation message either on SMS, email or the web.
- Enjoy your Spotify Premium!
There you have it! I do hope my experience will help you on your journey to musical happiness. Haha!
Merci beaucoup et á bientôt!